Looking for a super simple and delicious way to incorporate lentils into your diet? This citrus summer lentil salad takes less than 25 min to make and is packed with amazing nutrients. Basically, it’s a perfect addition to your rotating summer salads repertoire.
Plus, lentils are just so darn healthy. These little legumes are rich in protein, folate, fiber (both insoluble and soluble), iron, potassium and manganese. One cup (198 g) of cooked/boiled lentils equates to about 18 grams of protein (36% of DV).
Now, I don’t know if it’s because of the grapefruit – mint combo or the crunch of the pumpkin seeds but I find myself making this salad over and over again, especially during the hot summer months.
- If you’re vegan or dairy-free you can absolutely omit the feta or use a vegan feta alternative. It will still be just as tasty.
- I prefer, and recommend, using brown, green, or French lentils for this salad as they’re hardier and won’t get as “mushy” as orange or red lentils.
- This salad can store in the fridge up to four days (although, you’ll most likely eat it before then!)
If you make this lentil salad, please do let me know what you think! I love hearing from you! 🙂Print
Summer Lentil Grapefruit Salad
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup green lentils, cooked
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium lime, squeezed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook lentils according to package instructions. Once cooked, place in a medium sized salad bowl and set aside to cool. Note: To speed up cooling process place in fridge while you prep the other ingredients.
- While lentils cool, cut grapefruit in half. Using a serrated grapefruit knife cut around each segment of the grapefruit and scoop out the flesh. Cut each segment into small bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Peel and dice onion into small cubed pieces.
- Roughly chop mint leaves and feta.
- Once lentils are cooled, add grapefruit, diced onion, chopped mint leaves, feta, and pumpkin seeds.
Make the dressing: In a small bowl, add olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, and salt/pepper. Whisk ingredients together till emulsified. Place dressing aside till ready to serve. NOTE: I like to store my dressing on the side as it helps keep my veggies from getting soggy. I just pour it over my salad on an as needed basis.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 183
Keywords: summer salad, lentil salad, plant-based recipe,
- Cycle Syncing 101: What is it, how to get started, and what are the benefits? - December 7, 2022
- 3 Reasons Why Women Should Be Consuming More Omega-3 Fatty Acids - November 30, 2022
- What Really Happens To Our Bodies During Pregnancy & How To Get Back To Working Out Safely - November 23, 2022
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment