Looking for a super simple and delicious way to incorporate lentils into your diet? This citrus summer lentil salad takes less than 25 min to make and is packed with amazing nutrients. Basically, it’s a perfect addition to your rotating summer salads repertoire.
Plus, lentils are just so darn healthy. These little legumes are rich in protein, folate, fiber (both insoluble and soluble), iron, potassium and manganese. One cup (198 g) of cooked/boiled lentils equates to about 18 grams of protein (36% of DV).
Now, I don’t know if it’s because of the grapefruit – mint combo or the crunch of the pumpkin seeds but I find myself making this salad over and over again, especially during the hot summer months.
- If you’re vegan or dairy-free you can absolutely omit the feta or use a vegan feta alternative. It will still be just as tasty.
- I prefer, and recommend, using brown, green, or French lentils for this salad as they’re hardier and won’t get as “mushy” as orange or red lentils.
- This salad can store in the fridge up to four days (although, you’ll most likely eat it before then!)
If you make this lentil salad, please do let me know what you think! I love hearing from you! 🙂Print
- Why You Might Want to Consider Limiting Processed Meats From Your Diet - November 10, 2021
- Hearty White Bean and Ham Soup - November 5, 2021
- How (and why) this Latinx Entrepreneur Created a Low-Waste, “Clean,” Luxury Lipstick Brand to Empower Women - October 27, 2021