Why Your Body Needs Protein & Carbs
By: Madeleine Wisecup
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC
Do you ever feel as though nutrition is confusing? I know I do. I feel like we’re constantly being bombarded with new diets and trends — keto, intermittent fasting, macro diet, paleo diet, carnivore diet…who can keep up?! Between that, and everything else we’ve got going on in our lives, it’s no surprise that most of us end up feeling a bit perplexed. How much daily protein do we actually need? Should we be avoiding carbs? Is there such a thing as “bad” carbs? Here to help clear up some of the confusion is Kathleen Robins, MS, RDN, CSSD, CSOWM.
Kathleen is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, board certified in overweight and obesity, and a certified specialist in Sports Dietetics with more than 11 years of experience. Prior to launching Kathleen Robins Nutrition, Kathleen worked for the US Army where she ran nutrition and medical administrative clinics and worked alongside fellow military dieticians to help heal wounded warriors returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. She’s also helped patients lose weight, fight cancer, and heal from transplants or heart attacks and has published research on the caloric needs of wounded warriors.
So, needless to say, when it comes to breaking down nutrition in a simple and practical way, Kathleen is a pro! I absolutely loved chatting with Kathleen about all things protein and carbs and know you’ll absolutely love this conversation. Press play to tune-in and learn why your body needs protein and carbs now!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How protein impacts your body and why you need it
- The difference between essential and non-essential amino acids
- How much daily protein you should include in your diet
- What to eat pre and post workouts
- The importance of including carbs to your diet
- The difference between “good” and “bad” carbs
- And more!
Other Episodes You Might Enjoy:
- Cycle Syncing 101: What is it, how to get started, and what are the benefits? - December 7, 2022
- 3 Reasons Why Women Should Be Consuming More Omega-3 Fatty Acids - November 30, 2022
- What Really Happens To Our Bodies During Pregnancy & How To Get Back To Working Out Safely - November 23, 2022
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment