Did you know that 80% of women are most likely wearing the wrong bra size?! Crazy right? Weirdly enough, I never really gave much thought to bra sizing until I came across Laura Tempesta’s TedTalk “You’ll Never Look At Bras The Same Way Again!”
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC
Did you know that 80% of women are most likely wearing the wrong bra size?! Crazy right? Weirdly enough, I never really gave much thought to bra sizing or how my bra fit until I came across Laura Tempesta’s TedTalk “You’ll Never Look At Bras The Same Way Again!”
After watching her TedTalk, and realizing that everything I thought I knew about bra sizing was wrong, I figured this was a topic we should unpack and explore on the podcast together. So, here to clear up some of the confusion around bra sizing and to share helpful solutions is the bra expert herself, Laura Tempesta.
Laura is a world-renowned bra expert, apparel innovator, and an inventor of multiple patented products. In fact, she is the only American with a Master’s degree in Lingerie Design, and the only person in the world with a custom-designed degree to study the engineering, design, performance and innovation of Sports Bras. Prior to founding Bravolution, a consumer advocacy group and resource providing bra reviews and education, Laura was Nike’s Sports Bra Innovation Director where she helped guide and develop sports bra innovation. She has been featured as a bra expert in Vogue, Insider, and Better Homes & Gardens and is a TEDx speaker. In short: Laura is on a mission to change the world one poorly fitting sports bra at a time and I can not wait for you to hear from her! Truly, you will never look at bras the same way again!
So, if you’re tired of continually wasting money on bras that don’t fit and aren’t comfortable and want to learn how to finally find a bra (or sports bra) that fits and properly supports your ‘girls’ then tune-in because we chat about all this and more in today’s episode!
In this episode we cover:
- The myths and facts around everyday bras and underwire bras.
- Why so many women are wearing the wrong size bra
- How to find a bra that properly fits and supports
- The difference between stretch and non-stretch bras + what to be on the lookout for
- How to extend the life cycle of your bra + the challenges around sustainability in the bra manufacturing industry
- The importance of finding a fitted and supportive sports bra
- Sister sizing, and more!
More from Laura Tempesta:
Other Episodes You Might Like:
- Healthy Baked Apples Stuffed with Sweet Potatoes - September 14, 2023
- 5 Dark Leafy Greens To Add To Your Diet & Their Health Benefits - September 6, 2023
- My top 12 favorite natural and planet-friendly baby essentials - August 30, 2023