Why Gut Health Matters When It Comes to Supporting Hormones & Fertility!
By: Madeleine Wisecup
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC
Gut Health and Hormones
I’ve been fascinated by gut health for a few years now! While still a relatively new field of research, the current findings on how the microorganisms found in our gut, also known as gut microbiota, can influence and affect our immune system, metabolism, digestion, mood, and even possibly our heart, just amazes me!
But, what I didn’t know until recently was just how important our gut health was when it came to supporting our hormones and fertility! My guess is, this isn’t something you’re super familiar with either! So, here to explore this topic in more detail with us is Brooke Boskovich, MS, RD, LD, a.k.a. The Fertility Dietician.
Brooke is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Functional & Integrative Practitioner who is passionate about women’s health & fertility and who over the years has helped dozens of women with irregular cycles, PCOS, unexplained infertility, endometriosis & other fertility struggles, regulate their cycles and take home healthy babies!
In this episode we cover the journey that led Brooke to becoming an RDN and Functional & Integrative Practitioner, the importance of tracking your cervical mucus, the pros and cons of caffeine, and, of course how gut health is linked to hormones and fertility. Press play to listen now!
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How gut health is linked to our hormones and impacts fertility
- How to support gut health through diet and lifestyle + how to test gut health
- Why women should track their cervical mucus
- Brooke’s number one tip for improving cervical mucus
- The myth of the “detox” cleanse
- Her three favorite health tips
- And more!
Connect with Brooke Boskovich:
Other Episodes You May Enjoy:
- Healthy Baked Apples Stuffed with Sweet Potatoes - September 14, 2023
- 5 Dark Leafy Greens To Add To Your Diet & Their Health Benefits - September 6, 2023
- My top 12 favorite natural and planet-friendly baby essentials - August 30, 2023