How Forest Bathing Can Improve Immunity & Your Overall Health
+ How To Practice Forest Bathing
By: Madeleine Wisecup
What if I told you that spending less than 35 min a day in nature could help boost your immunity? Or, what if I told you that the Japanese practice of shinrin-yoku, also known as forest bathing, could help reduce stress and improve your overall health? Have I peaked your interest?!
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC
What if I told you that spending less than 35 min a day in nature could help boost your immunity? Or, what if I told you that the Japanese practice of shinrin-yoku, also known as Forest Bathing, could help reduce stress and improve your overall health? Have I peaked your interest?!
If so, then you’re going to want to tune-in to today’s podcast episode with Dr. Suzanne Bartlett Hackenmiller, an OB-Gyn, Integrative Medicine physician, certified forest therapy guide, and a medical advisor for AllTrails. Suzanne also happens to be the award-winning author of “The Outdoor Adventurer’s Guide to Forest Bathing” and “A Friend Like John, Understanding Autism” and speaks nationally and internationally about autism, integrative medicine, and nature therapy.
I’ve been wanting to learn more about the practice of shinrin-yoku (“forest bath”) and its health benefits for quite some time now, so when I came across Suzanne’s work and book I just knew I had to invite her to share her expertise with us on the podcast.
In this conversation, Suzanne shares how the practice of forest bathing helped her cope with grief after the loss of her husband, what forest bathing is, how this practice can improve our immunity and overall health, how to forest bathe, and why children should spend more time in nature. If you’re struggling with stress, feeling overwhelmed, and/or looking for a budget-friendly way to add a bit of self-care to your daily routine, then press play because this episode is packed with practical tips and tricks to help you implement this practice into your own life.
Connect with Dr. Suzanne Bartlett Hackenmiller, M.D.:
- The Outdoor Adventurer’s Guide to Forest Bathing: Using Shinrin-Yoku to Hike, Bike, Paddle, and Climb Your Way to Health and Happiness
- A Friend Like John: Understanding Autism
Other Episodes You Might Enjoy:
- How To Improve Indoor Air Quality & Live a Healthier, Less Toxic Life
- 4 Phases Of Your Menstrual Cycle – What you need to know!
- 5 Simple Ways to Reduce Food Waste and Live More Sustainably - October 20, 2021
- 10+ Ethical and Sustainable Wedding Dress Brands - October 18, 2021
- Brain Health 101: How Nutrition and Lifestyle Can Improve Brain Health - October 6, 2021