5 Simple Tips To Help You Raise a Healthy Eater
By: Madeleine Wisecup
How do you get a “picky” eater to try and explore new foods? What is food neophobia? Why is structured eating so beneficial? And is it OK to use food as a parenting tool? Here to help explore and answer some of these questions with us today is Maryann Jacobsen, MS RD.
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC
How do you get a “picky” eater to try and explore new foods? What is food neophobia? Why is structured eating so beneficial? What’s the difference between picky eating and problem feeding? And, is it OK to use food as a parenting tool?
Here to share her wisdom and to help answer some of our most pressing parenting questions when it comes to childhood nutrition is Maryann Jacobsen, MS, RD.
Maryann is a registered dietician and family nutrition expert who empowers families to create a healthy relationship with food for optimal health and well being. She is the author of multiple books including, “How to Raise a Mindful Eater,” “The Family Dinner Solution,” and the co-author of “Fearless Feeding: How To Raise Healthy Eaters From High Chair to High School.“
In this conversation we explore:
- The difference between picky eating and problem feeding
- What food neophobia is and how it can impact children
- The difference between grazing and structured eating
- How to introduce new foods to your toddler
- How to end meal time battles
- Why we shouldn’t be using food as a parenting tool
- And so much more!
Click here to view books authored by Maryann Jacobsen.
Other Podcast Episodes You Might Enjoy:
- 4 Big Reasons Food Advocate & Author of Kid Food, Bettina Siegel, Believes it’s Challenging to Feed Our Kids Healthier, Unprocessed Foods
- Why Gut Health Matters When It Comes to Supporting Hormones & Fertility!