Mother Raw, CEO
Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard.
Connect with Mother Raw
Subscribe to the show on iTunes and Google Play and Spotify
Or listen on my podcast page here.
Kristi Knowles: Mother Raw, CEO
How to eat healthy when you’re on a budget!
Meet Kristi Knowles, the CEO of Mother Raw, a brand that truly believes in the importance of making healthy and nutritious food accessible and appealing to all. Mother Raw creates delicious plant-based products, ranging from salad dressings to condiments, using only nutrient-rich, sustainably sourced, organic ingredients in their purest form.
Tune In: Apple Podcast & Spotify
Meet Kristi Knowles, the CEO of Mother Raw, a brand that truly believes in the importance of making healthy and nutritious food accessible and appealing to all. Mother Raw creates delicious plant-based products ranging from salad dressings to condiments using only nutrient-rich, sustainably sourced, organic ingredients in their purest form. Not to mention, all of Mother Raw’s products are free from preservatives, fillers and artificial ingredients. And let me tell you, you can absolutely taste the difference!
I am normally really hesitant to purchase store-bought dressings and condiments because oftentimes they’re packed with fillers, sugar, and other ingredients that I just don’t want to be putting in my body. But, I made an exception for Mother Raw after checking out their ingredients list and mission. Proud to report that their products are by far the best dressings and dips I’ve ever eaten. So, naturally, I wanted to find out more and invited Kristi onto the podcast to share her story and Mother Raw’s mission with all of us.
This was such a great conversation. Kristi and I chatted about the journey that led her to work in the food industry, the unfortunate and tragic passing of RawFoodz, now Mother Raw’s, founder Michelle Kopman in 2018 and what inspired Kristi to carry on her mission, the importance of eating pure and natural foods that are minimally processed, how Mother Raw develops and creates it’s dressings, dips, and condiments, and who gets to taste test them, the difference between cold-blended and heated ingredients, how to eat healthy even when you’re on a budget, how she manages work life balance, how to overcome fear of failure and so much more!
Q & A with Kristi
1. City of residence: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2. Place of birth: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3. In under five sentences, define your business: Mother Raw is on a mission to encourage everyone, everywhere to eat more plants by creating delicious and versatile, plant-based dressings, marinades, dips, quesos, and condiments. The brand’s philosophy to “Put Good on Good™” is manifested through its dedication to sourcing nutrient-rich, organic ingredients in their most pure and least processed form, resulting in consciously crafted, non-GMO products that make eating more plants versatile and delicious.
4. What is the best part about the work you’re doing? Why? I thrive on creating and building a brand that has a positive impact and disrupts convention and isn’t beholden to a big corporate machine that slows us down or is afraid to take risks. I am grateful for our entire Mother Raw team who works tirelessly to make Mother Raw the success it is becoming.
5. What social and/or environmental impact is your business making? We believe that eating more plants is good for overall health, animals, and the planet. Regardless of individual diet preference or restrictions, we want to support consumers by creating versatile, organic, plant-based products that make eating plants even more delicious, exciting, and convenient. Our products are made with minimally processed ingredients, never heated, and packaged in fully recyclable glass bottles. We don’t mess with what’s good, we just bottle it.
6. If you could share just one piece of wisdom with the world, what would it be? Believe deeply in yourself and move towards your dreams every day, one small action at a time.
7. What book(s) are you currently reading? The Color Of Water: A Black Man’s Tribute to His White Mother.
8. Quote you (try to) live by? Things are not always right because they are hard, but if they are right one must not mind if they are also hard.
9. Using one word, how would you describe yourself? Persistent
10. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you? Growing up I was an avid Equestrian and proudly represented Canada.
- 14 Non-Toxic Cleaning Brands - October 19, 2020
- Maven Women, Founder Rebecca Ballard - October 19, 2020
- Kristi Knowles, CEO of Mother Raw - October 12, 2020
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments