Baked Gnocchi with Tomatoes And Basil
If you’re anything like me, Friday night rolls around and you’re beat. But, nevertheless that age old question ‘what’s for dinner?’ is and always will be, lurking in the back of your brain.
By the time you get around to dinner time you’re too tired to cook, too lazy to go pick up takeout, and because you waited till the last minute, now you’re too hungry to wait for your Door Dash delivery to arrive. If you’ve ever found yourself in this predicament then this baked gnocchi recipe is one you don’t want to miss!
Packed with flavor, this baked gnocchi takes less than 5 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to bake. Trust me, this is a healthy dinner the entire family will love.Print
Baked Gnocchi With Tomatoes And Basil
This baked gnocchi recipe with tomatoes and basil is so simple and delicious it’s bound to become one of your favorite Friday night meals.
- 14 oz refrigerated gnocchi (you can also use shelf-stable gnocchi)
- 1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small shallot or 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch of large basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1–2 tbsp freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Red chili flakes (optional)
- Once washed, slice cherry tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- Peel and cut shallot into slices. If using red onion, peel and thinly slice lengthwise.
- Roughly slice basil leaves into thin strips. Note: Divide basil into two piles. You’ll add a few leaves to gnocchi mixture for baking will use most of it to top once gnocchi is done baking for that fresh basil taste.
- Preheat oven to 385 °F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place gnocchi, sliced tomatoes, shallots (or onion), and a few basil leaves on baking sheet. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and if using, sprinkle with chili flakes. Drizzle gnocchi mixture with olive oil and grate about 1 tbsp of fresh cheese. Using a spoon mix ingredients till thoroughly combined.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Gnocchi will be done when slightly crispy on the outside yet soft in the middle.
In a small bowl top baked gnocchi with fresh basil and grated cheese.
- How becoming a mother taught me to embrace slow living - June 5, 2023
- Cycle Syncing Foods: How to support each phase of your menstrual cycle through nutrition - May 30, 2023
- How To Plan An Eco-Friendly Wedding - May 23, 2023
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments