Ripe Skin, Founder
Doing small things well is necessary to do bigger things as best as you can
Connect with Ripe Skin.
Toxins in your cosmetics? What you need to know.
The Wise Consumer Discount Code
WISE1 is good for $10 off any product at checkout!
Subscribe to the show on iTunes and Google Play
Or listen on my podcast page here.
Shannon Mann, Ripe Skin Founder
Shannon Mann, Founder of RIPE Skin, on the journey that led her to launching RIPE, the importance of using raw and natural ingredients in skincare products, and how her minimalist and waste-free lifestyle inspired her vision for RIPE
“It’s an adventure. I think the challenges always turn into opportunities and so I’ve just learned to have this mindset of “it’s just ups and downs and it’s OK.” And, I’ve really settled into that and I am just really happy with it.
Q & A with Shannon Mann:
1. City of residence: Los Angeles, California
2. Place of birth: Torrence, CA
3. In under five sentences, define your business: Raw Inspired Pure Earth (RIPE) is a face care brand that brings its consumers close to nature with fresh ingredients straight from Earth. From our product design to packaging, & distribution – we are transparent & mindful from root to bottle. Our ingredients are simply displayed, easy to understand, & aligned with the harvests of the season.
4. What social or environmental impact is your business making? We use mostly organic & wild harvested ingredients and feature our growers & locations of the harvest clearly on our website & in marketing materials. Our economic impact is a lower footprint through sustainable packaging solutions & local distribution, partnering with small local farms. Our social impact is to bring healthful & safe skin care in a market that is confused by convoluted messages and a lack of government regulations.
5. Out of all the products you produce, which is your favorite? Why? The fresh face masks. They always incorporate a fruit, which is the ultimate all-purpose skin treat from nature that just leaves you exactly how you’re supposed to feel. I mix them so they always smell great, so you can either sit and meditate with the scent or get some laundry folded or dishes done & feel like you’re in a special place like near a creek in the Spring.
6. What book(s) are you currently reading? The Artists Way by Julia Campbell, Originals by Adam Grant, Medicinal Herbs of Santa Cruz County by Levi Glatt
7. Quote you (try to) live by? Doing small things well is necessary to do bigger things as best as you can
8. Using one word, how would you describe yourself? Libra
9. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you? I was very quiet & shy in high school. Most people I’ve known since or anyone I meet now would never call me quiet or shy.
- Cycle Syncing 101: What is it, how to get started, and what are the benefits? - December 7, 2022
- 3 Reasons Why Women Should Be Consuming More Omega-3 Fatty Acids - November 30, 2022
- What Really Happens To Our Bodies During Pregnancy & How To Get Back To Working Out Safely - November 23, 2022
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment