There’s nothing quite like the comforting goodness of a pear and cranberry apple crisp. This recipe is not only simple but also bursting with flavor. From the satisfying pecan crunch to the tangy cranberries, the sweetness of apples (enhanced by a touch of delicious brown sugar), and the warm spice of cinnamon, it’s the perfect blend of tart and sweet.
If you’re on the hunt for a delightful, gluten-free treat, this recipe belongs in your collection.
I love cranberries and am constantly looking for new ways to include them in my diet. Not only are these little berries rich in Vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, particularly flavonol polyphenols, but they add so much flavor to even the simplest of meals.
Tip: You can often find cranberries at a more affordable price just after the holiday season. I like to stock up on fresh cranberries after Thanksgiving and store them in my freezer. However, you can also locate them in the frozen section of most grocery stores throughout the year.
This Pear and Apple Cranberry Crisp can be made with a variety of apples. Personally, I prefer using Granny Smith and Fuji apples. The Granny Smith apples add a bit of additional tartness, while the Fuji is sweet and firm enough to hold its shape even after baking.
Pear and Apple Cranberry Crisp
This Pear Apple Cranberry Crisp is so simple to make and packed with flavor. The nutty crunch, tangy cranberries, sweet apples, and warm cinnamon spice combine to create the perfect year-round treat for your family.
- Preheat your oven to 395°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin seeds, hazelnut flour, brown sugar, and oats. Stir to thoroughly mix the ingredients. Add the cold, cubed salted butter, and blend until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the crumble topping mixture, flattening it evenly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the topping turns a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the topping bakes, prepare the fruit. Roughly peel, core, and slice your apples and pears. Note: I like to leave some of the peel on my apples as I find it adds a bit of extra texture, flavor, and fiber to the crumble.
- Butter a glass baking dish, preferably 9×13 inches. Arrange the sliced apples and pears evenly in the dish. Top with cranberries, nuts, and sprinkle with cinnamon and ginger.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and gently distribute the pre-baked topping evenly over the fruit.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and return the baking dish to the oven.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes or until the fruit becomes tender.
I love to eat this apple crisp while it’s warm and as it is! But, don’t hesitate to pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of plain yogurt.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Latest posts by The Wise Consumer (see all)