Prime Movers, Founder
Connect with Prime Movers
Subscribe to the show on iTunes and Google Play
Okan McAllister, Founder of Prime Movers
Okan McAllister, founder of Prime Movers, on the importance of educating and engaging with the next generation of impact leaders, the importance of systems thinking, and the personal journey that led him to where he is today
“The world is shaped by people, the world is shaped by you.” – Okan McAllister Meet Okan McAllister, the founder of Prime Movers, a youth-led social enterprise, based out of Vienna Austria, that creates social businesses and educates the next generation of impact leaders. In this episode we cover: The journey that led Okan to founding Prime Movers.
Q & A with Okan McAllister:
1. City of residence: Vienna, Austria
2. Place of birth: Turkey
3. In under five sentences, define your business: PRIME MOVERS is a non-political and youth-led social enterprise that creates social businesses and teaches children about societal issues.
4. What social or environmental impact is your business making? We are creating a portfolio of social businesses, and teaching children about societal challenges. All our initiatives are related to waste, food waste, gender equality and issues related to digitalization. Meanwhile, we are building a scalable model for social innovation, financial resilience and proposing a new model for youth empowerment.
5. What is the best part about your job and the work you’re doing? Why? It has a potential to leave a legacy that inspires people to make the world a better place.
6. What book(s) are you currently reading? I don’t make time to read books, but I listen to a lot of them. I just started A Vindication of the Rights of a Woman by Mary Wollstonecraft.
7. Quote you (try to) live by? Less talking, more doing.
8. Using one word, how would you describe yourself? Resilient.
9. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you? I initially studied film theory for my first bachelor’s degree.