Q & A with Lacey Burbage
1. City of residence: Las Vegas
2. Place of birth:
Jacksonville Florida (lived there for three months before moving to Bermuda for 5 years)
3. In under five sentences, define your business/blog:
Transforming the mundane into the magical by cultivating mindfulness is my tagline. It’s about slowing down and taking pleasure in simple things. We like to live in sync with the seasons, pay attention to the cycles of nature, and learn about protecting our planet by changing how we think about everyday stuff.
4. What is the best part about the work you’re doing?
I get to hang out with my children and actively take part in protecting their future. The community I’ve found around eco-conscious parenting has been incredible too. And I’m fortunate that I don’t have to heavily rely on sponsored content because I have my content marketing clients and online workshops. I try to only work with small businesses or communities with a cause.
I remember wanting to be home with my baby when he was born and desperately searching for a way to do that. Now I get to be with both of them, teach them about being gentle to our planet and creatures, and make loads of like-minded friends in the process. It’s like the best gig ever!
5. List three of your favorite sustainable/ethical brands?
Ummm, the thrift store? I honestly have a hard time with clothing for myself. Most sustainable/ethical brands can only be found online and I have a hard time with the fit. So not being able to try things on it hard. I guess I fall somewhere between standard sizing and plus sizing, so ordering online is often more trouble than it’s worth. I have had luck with finding my European size and emailing the maker about fit. But sometimes that takes a bit more time than I have. But I do have a few pieces that I absolutely adore:
1. Nomadic State of Mind – My favorite rope sandals that I wear daily. My kids both have them too.
2. The Very Good Bra – This bra has such a great vintage design and it’s 100% plastic-free. I love that I can easily nurse my baby in it also.
3. Found Path Goods – Sam is a local maker just outside Vegas. I found her at a market last year. She makes beautiful linen pieces for mamas and babies. Her designs have simple silhouettes so they are easier when it comes to fit for me.
6. What book(s) are you currently reading?
Reading would be a strong word to use… I’m currently listening to:
– Gathering Moss by Robin Wall Kimmer
– The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman (prequel to Practical Magic where you learn about the Aunts)
– How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber, Julie King
7. Quote you (try to) live by?
Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care. -Theodor Roosevelt
8. Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
9. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you?
My first major in college was Archeology. Unfortunately, I got super scared of my impending student debt and switched to something more practical. I’m happy with how everything turned out, but I hope that my children will never have to choose something practical over something that they love.