Meet Khulan Davaadorj, founder of Lhamour, Mongolia’s first organic and low-waste skincare line
Khulan Davaadorj, founder of Lhamour, on launching Mongolia’s first organic and low-waste skincare line + the health benefits of using all-natural ingredients on your skin
I had the amazing opportunity to sit down and chat with the founder of Mongolia’s first ever organic and low-waste skincare line the other day, Khulan Davaadorj. And guys, what a great conversation, I seriously learned so much.
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY
Q & A with Khulan Davaadorj
1. City of residence: Ulaanbaatar
2. Place of birth: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
3. In under five sentences, define your Lhamour Skincare:
Lhamour produce natural skin care products –– made from the bottom of our hearts in Mongolia. Our products are for people all over the globe with various skin conditions. By doing so, we want to share the philosophy of loving yourself, loving others and loving the environment through an environmentally friendly and socially responsible approach. We want to be a positive change-makers through Lhamour brand.
4. What social or environmental impact is Lhamour Skincare making?
Once I started to sell the products, I saw that many people saw more than that. They saw motivation, inspiration and hope in us because at that time Mongolia was truly fixated on mining and natural resources and the word entrepreneurship let alone social impact was not a topic. I started realizing that through the products and our brand we could create something much bigger and once our following extended we started developing many programs. From being the first store to introduce a zero-waste corner where people can buy products without packaging to using recycled paper in our baskets and having a zero waste production line, we tried to change people’s mindsets regarding the environment and consumption.
We also saw that many younger individuals, especially girls, looked up to us. So, we initiated a mentorship program called “Finding Your Passion.” This program, which is intended for teenagers aged 14-16 years old, is to help guide teenagers as they find themselves, encouraging them to find their voice and career paths. We also launched the “Girls in STEM” program to inspire more girls to pursue careers in the STEM field. Also, we eventually realized that we were reaching women, this is due in part to the fact that our company is woman-led. As a result we decided to launch Mongolia’s first “Women Entrepreneurship Day” which happens in 144 countries worldwide in November.
We have numerous other programs for children – such as going to the suburbs and giving dental care for free for the public school kids, going to renovate the public hospital children’s section and giving products to kids with disabilities and supporting their parents. We believe that companies should not only care about the society and the marginalized ones after they made a big profit but that they should become change makers and positive role models along the way. Actions speak louder than words and we want to show that companies can take a holistic approach by creating impact and value at the same time.
5. Out of all the products you produce, which is your favorite? Why?
My rosehip facial oil. Because rosehip is just such an amazing ingredient and highly available in Mongolia and is high in linolenic acid and vitamins and thus essential for healthy aging skin. It’s Vitamin A content moisturizes the skin and promotes skin regeneration. It does not clog pores and should be used in small amounts, deeply massaged onto the skin. It also helps in lightening up the skin, treating dark spots, and overall improves skin complexion.
6. If you could share just one piece of wisdom with the world, what would it be?
Make your life worth living and know what is your value.
7. What book(s) are you currently reading? Soul Leadership by Deepak Chopra
8. Quote you (try to) live by? Be true to yourself.
9. Using one word, how would you describe yourself? Valuable.
10. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you? I just had baby girl. Her name is Anona! 🙂
- Healthy Baked Apples Stuffed with Sweet Potatoes - September 14, 2023
- 5 Dark Leafy Greens To Add To Your Diet & Their Health Benefits - September 6, 2023
- My top 12 favorite natural and planet-friendly baby essentials - August 30, 2023