One of my family’s favorite snacks these days is my homemade trail mix. Super simple to make, packed with healthy fats and nutrients, this simple homemade trail mix helps to keep me full longer and is just plain delicious! Plus, super great for on-the-go snacking.
Note: If you’re curious to learn more about the health benefits of seeds, check out 5 Healthy Seeds To Include In Your Diet.
Why Make Your Own Trail Mix?
I prefer making my own trail for a few reasons:
- Most store-bought trail mix are loaded with salt and often made using refined, bleached, and/or deodorized oils.
- I get to decide which nuts, seeds, and dried fruit I want to munch on.
- Making my own trail mix helps to reduce packaging waste as I tend to get most of my seeds and nuts in bulk! Not always possible, but whenever available, I highly recommend this option!
- Healthy Baked Apples Stuffed with Sweet Potatoes - September 14, 2023
- 5 Dark Leafy Greens To Add To Your Diet & Their Health Benefits - September 6, 2023
- My top 12 favorite natural and planet-friendly baby essentials - August 30, 2023