LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY
Kim Walls, Co-Founder of Furtuna Skin, on clean beauty, using wild foraged ingredients, and the importance of preserving the land
Meet Kim Walls, the co-founder of Furtuna Skin, a wild foraged, sustainably created, all-natural skincare brand made in the heart Sicily. Kim is a clean beauty pioneer, master formulator, award-winning natural products innovator, mentor and mother who cares about social change and advocates for safe beauty, family health, and human rights.
Q& A with Kim Walls: Furtuna Skin, Co-Founder
1. City of residence:
2. Place of birth:
3. In under five sentences, define your business:
Brands tell a story. I create and support brands and products that tell stories worth telling. Through business, I work to help solve social and environmental challenges connected to the things I care about, like issues of mental health, violence, financial instability, and the plastic in our oceans.
4. What is one skincare practice all women should implement in their daily skincare routine?
Wash your face every night. Every single night.
5. Out of all the products you produce, which is your favorite? Why?
I have favorites, but not just one. Too many to choose just one.
6. If you could share just one piece of wisdom with the world, what would it be?
Remember that if you are deeply angry with someone or about something, you are most likely angry with yourself. If we could all look inward with honesty, integrity and vulnerability before we strike out, then we might just have world peace someday.
7. What book(s) are you currently reading?
Fantasyland, Terrors of the Table, When Healing Becomes a Crime
8. Quote you (try to) live by?
Do unto others as you would have done to you. (Boring but true.)
9. Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
10. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you?
I collect gargoyles.
- 3 Reasons Why Women Should Be Consuming More Omega-3 Fatty Acids - November 30, 2022
- What Really Happens To Our Bodies During Pregnancy & How To Get Back To Working Out Safely - November 23, 2022
- The Importance of Sleep and How to Get More Of It, Especially If You’re a Sleep Deprived Mama - November 16, 2022