LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY
From harmful ingredients in cosmetics to launching a clean & zero-waste beauty brand with Tiila Abbitt, founder of Āether Beauty
Meet Tiila Abbitt, the founder of Āether Beauty, a zero-waste, vegan, cruelty free, non-toxic, and ethically created makeup brand! From the harmful ingredients found in most commercial cosmetic products to the challenges of running a clean and responsibly sourced makeup brand, Tiila and I cover it all!
Q & A with Tiila Abbitt: Āether Beauty, Founder
1. City of residence: San Francisco, CA
2. Place of birth: New Jersey
3. In under five sentences, define your business: A fully ethical + sustainable makeup brand- without compromise. Vegan, Cruelty-free and clean- as a baseline. Aether Beauty also makes sure each ingredient is child labor free, made with fair wage labor and completely sustainable packaging.
4. What is the best part of the work you’re doing? Why? Being a trail blazer is not always the easiest routes to take but when I launched the brand, no one was talking about sustainability in beauty. I’m so happy to see the change in the beauty industry!
5. Out of all the products you produce, which is your favorite? Why? I love all my children equally but if i had to be one, it would be the Supernova Crushed Diamond Highlighters, a new innovative formula that uses real ethically sourced diamonds instead of mica to create pure sparkle and bonus: if you add the highlighter and mix it with a little body oil, it creates an amazing shimmer body glow!
6. If you could share just one piece of wisdom with the world, what would it be? Just take a little bit of extra time with your next purchase, understanding the ingredients, the packaging, since we all vote with our dollars.
7. Quote you (try to) live by? There’s enough sand in the sandbox for everyone. Basically there’s no reason to be competitive, it’s better to be collaborative and help lift each other up.
8. Using one word, how would you describe yourself? Resilient.
9. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you? I’m the only employee for the entire brand.