Brooke Harris, Founder of Goodmylk Co.
LISTEN ON: APPLE PODCASTS | SPOTIFY | AMAZON MUSIC
Brooke Harris, founder of Goodmylk Co., on the health journey (and struggles) that led her to launch Goodmylk, the importance of using real food and pure ingredients, and finding her calling
“I feel this deep responsibility as someone who is feeding people to be feeding them real food and to be really transparent about what we’re feeding them… We want to prove that you don’t have to compromise your products and you don’t have to compromise the health of your consumers to be a successful business.”
“I feel this deep responsibility as someone who is feeding people to be feeding them real food and be really transparent about what we’re feeding them. … we want to prove that you don’t have to compromise your products, you don’t have to compromise the health of your consumers to be a successful business.” — Brooke Harris, Founder of Goodmylk Co.
In this episode Brooke and I chat about:
- The health and wellness journey (and struggles) that led Brooke to launching Goodmylk Co.
- Growing up on a dairy farm in New York
- The importance of creating a product with pure, organic and real food ingredient and being completely transparent about the ingredients being used.
- The difference between raw and pasteurized almonds (and what pasteurized means)
- The confusion around food labels and the lack of transparency in the food industry.
- The controversy around the sustainability of almond milk and why she believes hemp milk will be the future of nut milks
- Her entrepreneurial challenges and her “one” true talent in life.
- Sustainable packaging and so much more!
This was such a wonderful conversation. Happy listening!
Q & A with Brooke Harris, Founder of Good Mylk
1. City of residence: Marina Del Rey
2. Place of birth: Oxnard CA but grew up in NY state
3. In under five sentences, define your business:
Plant-based mylk on a mission to bring homemade quality products to the masses.
4. What social or environmental impact is your business making?
Goodmylk’s biggest mission is to empower our consumer base to make better food choices. We truly believe you can’t be the best version of yourself on a diet of processed foods. We also work really hard to think sustainability in every decision we make from ingredients, down to the packaging.
5. Out of all the products you produce, which is your favorite? Why?
I love them all! But our instant almond latte creamer has been a game-changer for me. To be able to travel with our product and have real, quality almond mylk no matter where I go is amazing.
6. If you could share just one piece of wisdom with the world, what would it be?
7. What book(s) are you currently reading?
The Virgin Way by Richard Branson and The Book of Joy authored by the Dalai Lama and Desmond Tutu
8. Quote you (try to) live by?
“Good is the enemy of great.”
9. Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
10. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you?
When I was 2 I had my two front teeth knocked out and they didn’t grow back in until I was 9!
Connect with Goodmylk
Similar episodes you might enjoy: