- Toast the unbaked millet in a medium pot for about 4-5 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently as millet can easily burn.
- Once toasted, add 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth and cook for about 20 min. Or, until water is fully absorbed.
- While millet is cooking, warm olive oil over medium heat in a pan. Once warmed add the ground turkey, coriander, and if using, chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 °F.
- Meanwhile, pierce sweet potato with a fork 4-5 times. Place sweet potato on a plate and microwave for about 5-8 min. Cooking times will vary depending on size of your potato. Once cooked, cut into small cubes and set aside.
Brussel Sprouts Salad
- Cut Brussel sprouts in half. Add Brussel sprouts to food processor. Pulse till coarsely shredded. Note: you can also finely chop or thinly slice using a mandolin if you don’t have a food processor.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and salt/pepper. Whisk to combine. Adjust seasoning as desired.
To serve: In a bowl place warm millet, ground turkey, chopped sweet potato, and Brussel sprouts salad. Top with sunflower seeds, dates, grated parmesan, and dressing.