- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to packaging instructions
- 3 raw carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bunch of carrot greens (about 1 cup), finely chopped
- 5 radishes, finely sliced
- 2 cans chickpea, baked
- spices for chickpeas:
- 1 tsp paprika, cumin, chili powder, chilik flakes, salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- salt/pepper, to taste (I recommend using pink Himalayan salt.)
- Cook quinoa according to packaging instructions. Once cooked, set aside and let cool.
- While quinoa cooks, bake the chickpeas.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl add the chickpeas, olive oil, and spices. Mix till chickpeas are evenly coated with spice mixture.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chickpeas out in an even layer (the more spread out the better).
- Bake chickpeas in oven for about 25-30 min. (Note: Cooking times may vary depending on oven.) Chickpeas should be golden brown, crispy on the outside but relatively soft on the inside.
- While chickpeas bake, peel and chop carrots into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Slice radishes into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a medium sized salad bowl, add cooked quinoa, chopped carrot greens, sliced carrots and radishes, and baked chickpeas. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, add olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and salt/pepper. Whisk ingredients together till emulsified. Place dressing aside till ready to serve.
Serve salad in a small bowl and top with desired amount of dressing.