- 1 premade pie crust (I like using Wholly Wholesome frozen pie crust )
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped ( )
- 3 strips Uncured bacon (I like Applegate bacon)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Plant-based milk (I like using Milkadamia Unsweetened macadamia milk. )
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 345.
- Roll out your pie dough on a floured counter top. Place pie crust in a 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Cover pie crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights, dried beans, or chickpeas
- Place in oven and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper and pie-weights from the crust.
- Place back in oven and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium pan, bring about 3 cups of water to a boil (you want enough water to submerge your chopped leeks).
- While water boils, clean and chop leeks.
- Best way to cut and clean leaks?
Rinse leeks off so as to remove any dirt or grit from exterior. Slice off and discard the rooted stem. Cut leeks lengthwise (down the center), slice open and gently fold the leek layers apart. Rinse under cold water to remove any dirt or grit.
Alternatively, you can also clean leeks after having chopped them. Once chopped, place chopped leeks in a bowl filled with water. Using your hand, swish the leeks around in water so as to dislodge any hidden dirt from between layers.
- Once cleaned, cut leeks into thin slices, about ⅛ to ¼ inches.
- Add chopped leeks to boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes (just enough to wilt the greens).
- Once cooked, drain leeks in a colander to remove water. Tip: I recommend placing cooked leeks on top of a clean towel to help absorb any remaining moisture. You want your quiche fillings to be as dry as possible before adding to egg mixture.
- Using scissors, cut bacon strips into small matchstick slices. You can use a knife for this as well but I’ve found scissors help to cut down on time. Note: I personally prefer trimming off excess bacon fat from bacon slices but it’s not necessary.
- Warm a cast iron pan over medium heat. Once heated, add bacon slices and let fry till bacon is nicely browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add your cracked eggs, plant-based milk, and greek yogurt. Gently beat until mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked leeks, bacon slices, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and mix.
Putting it all together!
- Pour egg filling into pie crust.
- Place in oven and bake 35-40 minutes, or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 443
- Fat: 36
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Protein: 8
Keywords: Bacon, Leeks, Quiche