Q & A with Abbey Wemimo:
1. City of residence: New York, NY
2. Place of birth: Lagos, Nigeria
3. In under five sentences, define your business: Clean Water for Everyone (CWFE) is a global social venture which aims to provide access to clean and affordable water supply in underdeveloped nations by working with locals to achieve positive social, economic and environmental impacts.
4. What social or environmental impact is your business making? CWFE is advancing SDG 6 (Clean Water and Sanitation), 8 (Decent Work and Economic Growth) and 9 (Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure).
Clean Water for Everyone impact is outlined below:
* Number of scholarship provided to girls: 120
* Estimated number of people, directly and indirectly, impacted: 149,920
* Estimated liters of clean water provided: 80 million
* Estimated number of plastic bottles or sachet avoided: 102 million
5. What is the best part about the work you’re doing with CWFE? Why? Providing water in communities that would otherwise won’t have access to water. I understand the important because I almost lost my life to typhoid.
6. What book(s) are you currently reading? Originals by Adam Grant, Homo Deus by Noah Harari
7. Quote, you (try to) live by? “If you want to go fast, go alone; but if you want to go far, go together.”
8. Using one word, how would you describe yourself? Relentless
9. What is one random fact that most people don’t know about you? I sing in the bathroom every morning.